Friday, July 9, 2010

A sleepless mind in his heart and an insatiable personality

Currently reading: Memnoch the Devil, by Anne Rice
Just watched last night: Blade
Listening to, against my will, thank you Katie: Rent Soundtrack
I really do not care at all for the movie, nor the music.



"What God Did Not Plan On"

Sleep well,
Weep well,
Go to the deep well
As often as possible.
Bring back the water,
Jostling and gleaming.
God did not plan on consciousness
Developing so
Well. Well,
Tell Him our
Pail is full
And He can
Go to Hell.

Stan Rice
24 June 93

I have three months until I can donate plasma.

I have a great respect for the Dalai Lama.

"All major religions have the same potential to bring inner peace. These different religions have different practices, but the main message is the same: compassion."

"It's most helpful to look at a problem from various angles. This analytical process is central to Buddhism. We debate, we develop the mind and this creates a peaceful heart. Buddha said: “All my followers should not accept my teachings out of respect, but through their own investigations.” Analyze everything by yourself!"

"Too much attachment to one's own nation's interests is not fit for the 21st century's holistic approach. The problem of global warming is that it's not a problem for some nations. Those nations only care about their country and not about others. But we are interconnected more than ever before. "

1 comment:

James said...

I can relate to the title of your post.

The Dalai Lama is a great man. Someday, I'd like to visit him.