Friday, May 7, 2010

Gentle Rain




We both are lost & alone in the world
Walk with me, in the gentle rain
Don't be afraid,
I've a hand for your hand
and I will be your love for awhile

I feel your tears
as they fall on my cheek
They are warm, like the gentle rain

Come little one, you've got me in the world
and our love will be sweet, very sweet

Very sweet, very sad
Like the gentle rain,
like the gentle rain.




My favorite song of the moment is quite uncharacteristic.
Astrud Gilberto is "a Brazilian singer known for her samba and bossa nova music," says Wikipedia.
"Gentle Rain" can be found on her album "The Shadow of Your Smile," released in 1965.
These adjectives describing her nationality, music, and time period are unexpected in my taste.
But I like it.

Classy, yet sadly sassy?







No comments: